- What is an Excite Email?
- Features of Excite Email
- Step-by-Step Excite Email Login Instructions
- How to Create an Excite Email Account?
- How to Set Up Gmail to Receive Email from Excite.com?
- How to Login Excite Email Using Outlook?
- Password Reset in Excite Email
- Common Login Issues
Excite (stylized as eXcite) is an IAC-owned American web portal that offers a range of outsourced content, such as news and weather, a metasearch engine, and a user homepage. The main Excite site in the United States had long been a personal start page called My Excite. Until August 31, 2021, Excite operated a webmail service called Excite Mail. The first Excite was created in 1994, and it went public two years later. During the 1990s, excite was a major Internet site, with the main portal site Excite.com ranking as the sixth most visited website in 1997. The company amalgamated with @Home Network, a broadband provider, however, the two companies went bankrupt in 2001. Excite’s gateway and services were purchased by iWon and later by Ask Jeeves, but the website’s popularity plummeted after that.
Features of Excite Email
- File Transfer
They might use the extra storage space in their account to transfer crucial documents.
- Easy-to-understand Click
Excite Mail allows users to access emails and contacts from any tab with a single click.
- Limits on the Most Recent Attachments
The most recent attachment restriction is 10-25 MB. Large documents or files can be readily attacked by users.
Junk mail controls, word check choices, email signatures, and other options can all be readily customized in emails.
- Latest Storage Limitations
Excite Mail’s latest storage restriction is 250-1000 MB. There’s no need to delete huge emails that are clogging up your inbox.
To begin using Excite email service, you must first create an account. Return to this page after completing the registration process to learn how to log in. Simply follow the steps below if you don’t know how to sign in to your account.
Step-by-Step Excite Email Login Instructions
- Go to http://registration.excite.com/excitereg/login.jsp, which will take you to the site’s webmail sign-in page.
- Type your Member Name and email address in the box provided.
- Enter your password now.
- After that, just click “Sign In” and you’re done.
It’s simple, quick, and free to access your Excite email account just like its Signup.
How to Create an Excite Email Account?
As a business owner who travels regularly, a browser-based email account allows you to check your emails from any computer, anywhere in the world. You can use the Excite service to create a new email account if you need a new domain for a work email address. Excite email accounts are free to create, but you must have a primary email address to do so.
- Go to the Excite Registration Page and fill out the form.
- Fill in your Name, Street Address, and Primary Email Address in every field in the General Information section.
- In the Member Name field, type your Excite username. In your Excite email address, this will be the name that comes before the “@.”
- In the Password and Repeat Password fields, type your Password. Your password must be six to twenty characters long and cannot contain any spaces.
- In the Reminder Phrase area, type a Password Reminder Phrase. If you forget your password, excite will send you an email with this reminder to help you remember it.
- In the About Me section, fill in the required information about yourself, such as your interests and race.
- In the field below the box, type the word in the word Verification box.
- To open your Excite email account, go to the bottom of the page and click “Join Now!”
How to Set Up Gmail to Receive Email from Excite.com?
Here are the steps to set up Gmail to gather messages from your excite.com mailbox (change). All of your communications will be delivered to your Gmail mailbox, which will be neatly listed in one location. To mark each step as completed, click it after you’ve completed it.
1) If prompted, log in to your Gmail account using your email and password.
2) Select “Settings” from the menu that appears when you click the cogwheel icon in the top-right corner of the page.
3) As illustrated below, go to the “Accounts” tab and then to the “Add a mail account” link:
4) In the new box that appears, type your entire excite.com email address and click the “Next” button.
5) Select “Import emails from my other account (POP3)” as the next step and click “Next.”
6) In the “Username” section, type your entire email address once more. Then, In the “Password” section, type the password for your excite.com email account. Make sure “Leave a copy of the retrieved message on the server” is checked.
7) In the “POP Server” field, type pop3.excite.com.
8) In the “Port” dropdown list, choose 995.
9) Select “Always use a secure connection (SSL)” from the drop-down menu.
10) Select “Add Account” from the drop-down menu. On the next screen, select “No” before pressing the “Finish” button.
How to Login Excite Email Using Outlook?
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer. Select “Add account” from the “File” menu.
- Select Manually adjust settings from the Options menu.
- Next, select Internet emails from the drop-down menu.
- In the “personal information” section, type your full name and Excite email address.
- In the account type drop-down menu, select POP3.
- Enter pop3.excite.com in the incoming mail server field and smtp.excite.com in the outgoing mail server field.
- Now, in the appropriate section, enter your exciting Email address and Password.
- After that, go to the advanced settings option and select the Outgoing Server tab. Select the option next to My Outgoing Server from the drop-down menu (SMTP requires authentication).
- Now Select the Advanced option from the drop-down menu. Place a checkmark on This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and an OK response.
- Then select Next. Your Excite email account will now be connected to Outlook.
Password Reset in Excite Email
In case you forgot your Excite mail account password, all you need to do is follow the given steps:
- Go to Excite Credit Union | Account Access Help (excitecu.org) for an easy password change.
- Enter your registered phone number and username for a new password.
- You will receive a temporary password with a link to create a new one. Follow the instructions and login with a new password.
Common Login Issues
Typical Excite email issues look like login problems that trouble the users. A few of them are as given below:
- Users may occasionally be unable to access their accounts. It displays a “does not respond” message.
- Accepting mail is a usual process when a user log-in, however, mail does not always make it to the recipient’s Inbox folder or any folder.
- Excite email occasionally fails to load. When a user clicks on an email numerous times, it displays loading but never loads which also affects a smooth login.
- Excite emails have not been able to be restored. It displays the message “at this time, we were unable to connect to the server.” It is a common problem that arises as soon as the user tries to log in.
As far as the recent notice of Excite Mail is concerned, they’ve made the tough choice to cease Excite email operations for all Excite members on August 31, 2021, after many years. They no longer offer or support email services for members after this date. Notes, Emails, address books, calendars, and other email account information has been permanently deleted from their servers and will no longer be accessible. Emails sent to exciting email addresses will be returned unopened. They propose that you create a new email account on a different service if you don’t have an alternative email address. There are various free email providers available, including gmail.com, yahoo.com, and outlook.com, to name a few.